Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A belated Mother's Day

Today was our belated Mother's Day girly lunch with mum, sister (bigndlittle) and the little, of Big & Little, wee Miss Mia.
It was a much preferable option to being at work, although there was the obligatory phone call from the office (and four missed calls whilst I was busy lying flat out on a massage table).
The massage table was to try and fix my broken-ness ... a shoulder suffering from not-able-to-lift-up-itis, caused by too much bad desk sitting at work, and too much cutting of veggies for soup at home! The soups, please note plural - in one afternoon- were delicious though!! (Potato, Leek & Bacon Deluxe and Tasty Tomato & Veg ... there will be more and photos to prove it.)
And just because my motherly-ness doesn't extend to having my own children (of the non-four-legged, furry variety at least) is no reason to assume I can't get a pressie too, so thanks to my clever big sister I am now zippered up ...

Now to finding the kitchen table under the accumulated letters, catalogues and random tupperware containers (apparently the cupboard must be too claustrophobic), followed by dinner ... hmmm, chicken and sweetcorn soup, perhaps, followed by a Voltaren for the shoulder (which will definately be crying out for one by then)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment